In all the craziness of our politics, one thing we always can count on to bring us all together is sports. Growing up, I never really liked sports but lately, I'm so happy we have basketball, the Olympic games and the Superbowl!!! At least in my home, they give us a way to disconnect from the stressful political news. And for me, it gives me a chance to do what I love: cooking finger-foods for us to enjoy while watching.
Here's a recipe that is super simple to execute and will wow your guests at your next Superbowl party:
Phyllo Crab Tartelettes
Preparation Time: 15mns
Cook time: 10mns
- 45 Mini Phyllo Shells, frozen, usually 15 shells per box
- 1 can of Crab Meat, drained
- 5 stalks of Green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheese
- 1 large Egg
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 ° F. Place your shells on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- In a medium size bowl, mix your crab meat, egg, cream, green onions and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill each Phyllis shell with the cream/egg mixture and bake for 10 mns or until the cream is set and the tart is golden brown.
- Enjoy warm or cold with your favorite IPA and mini Giving Pies! Enjoy!